October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (FlyChamps, susjwp, SKB), 181 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,955
Posts551,184
Members14,462
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

king, Of course there are polls that say Americans favor background checks and gun control.

Skillful pollsters can get a majority to agreee with all sorts of generic nice sounding stuff.

Hell last time I checked the NRA favors background checks and gun control, just not the illegitimate expansion the left is pushing.

The challenge is once you get past the generic and get to details we discover that the current laws are not enforced by the left as a basis of an excuse to create greater restrictions. The utter and complete disingenuous use of polls is just another weapon of the political establishments.

Rather than polling, use voting because elections in the majority of the states i. Their elections and for federal representatives show that what the polls supposedly show is not true.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, what you, Gallup and Pew say about Americans favouring gun control and background checks is accurate---but it's a lie when I post it according to our far-right friends!

Similarly, to our far-right friends, a federal vote for a Democrat is anti-gun as if the electorate is concerned primarily with guns, which it isn't. Members are excoriated for voting Democrat twice.

Polling and voting, on the evidence of both returns and far-right thinking, the national sentiment rests more easily with gun control and background checks. Or have I missed something in your message?

Sidelock
Sidelock

No King,I told you your a liar because you said America wants more gun control.They do NOT.After 8 years of the most corrupt and inept administration we have ever seen America distrust in Government is a record highs. The last thing they want is more laws !

"Americans lack an appetite for gun control is revealed in another Rasmussen poll conducted January 10-11. The survey asked, “Do you trust the government to fairly enforce gun control laws?” A staggering 59 percent of those polled do not trust the government to enforce gun control laws fairly. A mere 28 percent trust the government with this task, while 13 percent were undecided.

lying crooked King Brown and and his "new job",sell lies and no one is buying !

Last edited by Dave K; 09/15/16 06:55 AM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Yes, what you, Gallup and Pew say about Americans favouring gun control and background checks is accurate---but it's a lie when I post it according to our far-right friends!

Similarly, to our far-right friends, a federal vote for a Democrat is anti-gun as if the electorate is concerned primarily with guns, which it isn't. Members are excoriated for voting Democrat twice.

Polling and voting, on the evidence of both returns and far-right thinking, the national sentiment rests more easily with gun control and background checks. Or have I missed something in your message?

King, neither you nor I live in the US. Nor do we spend much of our time there. The occasional visit but that's all.

Neither of us has a good handle on what the average American voter thinks of government. We don't live among those average Americans. We aren't talking to them, casually, every day, about the weather, crime, house prices, politics etc. the way we do with our friends and neighbors here.

I would suggest that, as we get our information primarily through the media, much of it likely biased and skewed, it's darn near impossible for either you or I to really know what Americans (as a whole) think.

I have only to read my Canadian media's entirely scornful response to the relative success of Trump, to know there is something going on down there that we don't have first hand knowledge of. When 25-35% or so of Americans think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and 100% of Canadian media attack him as the worst politician since Hitler, there is clearly a disconnect somewhere.

So I would suggest that making pronouncements about what Americans do or don't think on any subject, may be an activity that is a bit outside your wheelhouse. It's definitely outside mine.

I try to advise the American members here on what may happen in the future, if vigilance flags, by reporting on events here. I never try to tell Americans what they are thinking. Just as it would be foolish for Americans to try to tell Canadians what we are thinking.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

King, neither you nor I live in the US. Nor do we spend much of our time there. The occasional visit but that's all.

Neither of us has a good handle on what the average American voter thinks of government. We don't live among those average Americans. We aren't talking to them, casually, every day, about the weather, crime, house prices, politics etc. the way we do with our friends and neighbors here.

I would suggest that, as we get our information primarily through the media, much of it likely biased and skewed, it's darn near impossible for either you or I to really know what Americans (as a whole) think.

I have only to read my Canadian media's entirely scornful response to the relative success of Trump, to know there is something going on down there that we don't have first hand knowledge of. When 25-35% or so of Americans think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and 100% of Canadian media attack him as the worst politician since Hitler, there is clearly a disconnect somewhere.

So I would suggest that making pronouncements about what Americans do or don't think on any subject, may be an activity that is a bit outside your wheelhouse. It's definitely outside mine.

I try to advise the American members here on what may happen in the future, if vigilance flags, by reporting on events here. I never try to tell Americans what they are thinking. Just as it would be foolish for Americans to try to tell Canadians what we are thinking.

And its way outside his CB !
Thanks for pointing out what we all know,King has NO clues about what America wants-just what he wants America to be,thatnk God he has NO say and is wrong !

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

A far better indicator of the ideals of a society is what is actually happening vs. what sources speculate/poll/proclaim. Take a look at the actual numbers of background checks (= gun purchases) for the last year and it will tell you where the populace stands.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gun-sa...bH3Xjo.facebook

Sidelock
Sidelock

Canada's gun laws, including background checks, haven't put a crimp on gun sales. They're accelerating apace with the US. What's interesting is last week: (1) the 10th anniversary of the Montreal Massacre and (2) Ottawa musing publicly about restricting use of the "assault rifle" used by a screwball in the shooting---in a country satisfied, according to polls, with gun laws as they are now. Your point is well taken: the trend generally is more surveillance and regulations while we buy more guns for our sports.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Canada's gun laws, including background checks, haven't put a crimp... while we buy more guns for our sports.

Your point is well taken also Mr. King. But if you look at the guns being purchased, while they could be classified as "sporting", I don't feel that is the main concern of the buyers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So King, what we appear to have in Canada is politicians musing about more gun restriction and regulation when the population at large thinks all is just fine as it is. Do you see the disconnect?

And to John E's point, while I accept that more purchases south of the border may be driven by personal safety issues and desires, that is likely NOT the case here.

As you well know, King, personal protection is NOT considered a valid reason for aquiring what are restricted weapons here....handguns of any sort and many long gun variants. And any hint that the desired weapon may be used for personal protection will likely result in the CFO refusing to allow the transfer to take place, denying the individual his choice of firearm.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

James, it's responsible to the board and myself when a member calls me a liar to politely suggest they go to distinguished sources of reliable information of what Americans are thinking and find out for themselves.

It's Gallup and Pew findings of what citizens are thinking that our governors, industries and institutions use in making policy and mandates, right or wrongly, justified or otherwise. They're snapshots of trends at a particular time.

Reporting what Gallup and Pew say about issues of interest to the board isn't out of our wheelhouses. Your post of few days ago on CTV's poll of what Canadians currently think of their gun laws is germane to member interests.

For Americans to cite Canadian sources, statistics and trends on firearms--- or anything, as they are welcomed to do---to support a fact or an opinion is what reasonable people do. They're not telling us what we're thinking.

That's the role of Gallup and Pew.

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.