September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 202 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,935
Posts550,891
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just before I went into the service my father told me that the myth of a hundred miles from the flag pole was a lie. He said never do anything you don't want to explain to your mother in church. Because he said someone would see you do it and ask you about it the next time you saw them while you were visiting your mother and she dragged you off to church. Being young and sure he was wrong I took it with a big grain of salt.

About a year later I was in South Korea when I saw a farmer, Mr. Holt, who had a real large dairy farm about ten miles away from the farm I grew up on. He had one arm around each of his two much younger Korean nieces, at least I think they were his nieces they way he was being so nice to them and them to him. While I never saw him in Church, to ask him about his visit with his nieces, he was a Methodist and we were not, the point my father was making stuck with me for the rest of my life.

Now with cell phones it has just gotten worse in ever respect. Stupid people can get caught in photos or videos and it goes onto the net in real time. No fun being young and dumb when it goes out before you even get done being stupid. So unless you are a total moron you just need to hunt when you hunt and keep your sex life home where yo wont embarrass yourself outside of your family.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Not in places I have been with my hunting buddies. Well, not in the US or Canada anyhow. Mexico and South America, yes but they seem to have a different culture...Geo

Old Chinese proverb; "A man away from home has no neighbors"

Originally Posted By: Jose Fernandez
Humpty:

My opinion is that this kind of behaivor is not a particular characteristic of a culture or a Country.
Everywhere in the world exists individuals without family values and inmoral enough to cheat his wife. They can lie and invent a story (go hunting, work meeting, etc.) in order to do what he wants.

Mexican hunters are no diferent regard that: most are decent persons that respect themselfs and their wifes and there are a few that not.

Mr. Fernandez, I read your post and then re-read mine above. It was not my intention to insult the culture of your Country but that is what I posted.

I have visited Mexico shooting Whitewing Doves, Ducks and Quail several times (back in the '80s) in the Lake Guererro and Laguna Madre region of Tamaulipus State. I'm just a country boy and I was surprised and shocked by the availability of shall we say "loose women". I am sure that you are correct in that the good people of Mexico are no different from the good people of my country.

I apologize for the insult if that was the way my post read to you. It was not meant as a condemnation of of Mexican culture in general...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Many years ago, (40)while living/working in New England, I went deer hunting with local co-workers. Their "deer camp norm" was to drink heavily every night in the cabin, and play cards to 1 a.m. No women were involved, but heavy hangovers the next morning.

At our office in Boston, our small group of hunters had to "keep secret" that we were hunters and gun-owners. The secretarial staff were all very liberal women that were rabidly anti-gun and anti-hunting. If they knew we were hunters, we would have been ostracized and had to do our own copies, letters, filing, etc. We hunters went out to lunch together to secretly plan our hunting trips. It felt "James Bond-ish."

After I moved back to Missouri, I never again saw heavy drinking in deer camp; and the administrative staff I worked with all had hunting husbands that drove pickup trucks.

gold40

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo:

Do not worry; I am sure that your post do not had the intention to offend anybody.

I am sure that every Country in the world have good and bad people and a full scale of "colors" between the extremes.

Hunting and fine shotguns are true passions for most of the participants in this forum, so you and me have common interests that made us much closer than you think.

Best,

Jose M. Fernandez
Sidelock
Sidelock

Been in a few camps, AZ, NY, NH, VA, lots of talk, no action. Most guys still respect their wives, maybe I'm lucky or, as I think, it's who you choose to hunt with.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Truth is I'm too scared of my wife to even consider cheating on her...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jose Fernandez

I am sure that every Country in the world have good and bad people and a full scale of "colors" between the extremes.

Hunting and fine shotguns are true passions for most of the participants in this forum, so you and me have common interests that made us much closer than you think.

Best,

Quoted for accuracy!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Several years ago, I and some friends went to Hungary for driven pheasant shooting. Our outfitter related to us that their prior group, a number of Italians, had arrived and immediately went into their lodge with a bunch of booze and some women and were not seen again until their departure.

Rob

NRA Benefactor Member
Boxlock
Boxlock

A man can chase women 365 days a year...

Hunting season is only so long, why on earth would a person want to mess that up by spending their time womanizing when they could be hunting... :-)

Cigars, a couple drinks in the evening, sure.... But other than that, it's all about the hunt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rob hit the nail on the head, as far as I'm concerned. I don't buddy up with men who cheat on their wives any other time. Why on earth would I want to go off on a hunting trip with that kind of man?

I was off on a duck hunting trip just last week with three other men, each of whom are what I consider to be loving husbands and Godly men. When I returned I told my wife what a pleasure it was to be in th company of honest, moral men whose sole reason for being there was to chase ducks.

I have been to Argentina in the company of 17 other men and there was not one hint of infidelity on the part of any one of them during the entire trip. Several kinda wanted to have a young woman give them a massage after supper, but would not do so because they would not want their wives wonder about them.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.