Originally Posted By: craigd

....What I try to avoid doing is lumping all members of religions, ethnic groups etc together....

Sounds reasonable Larry, but now it reads like you're validating the fringe left wing in a way that you refuse to support the so called fringe right wing. You doubled down on the 'all religions are equal' rhetoric with the new qualifier, ethnicity.

[/quote]

"Equal" is YOUR word, Craig. Where did I use it? The Cubs and every other team in Major League Baseball are all Major Leaguers . . . but they're obviously not all "equal". In terms of their records, no other team is equal to the Cubs . . . this year. My point is that it's bad to generalize about members of any religion. Or any ethnic group. There are a lot more Muslims, for example, who are not terrorists than who are. Matter of fact, the percentage of Muslims who are terrorists, out of their worldwide population of over a billion, is quite small. In this country, the number of Muslims is slightly greater than the population of Chicago. Who's responsible for more murders this year . . . Muslims or residents of Chicago?? And with Orlando in the body count, this is an unusually high year for Islamist terrorist-caused deaths in this country. The most in any year, in fact, since 9/11.

Anyhow, I never said that all religions are equal.