I have a 12 Model 97 (a favorite of Shooting Sportsman editor Silvio Calabi- by the way- made in 1926 std. 30" full choke, reblued and refinished by the Model 12 guys in Harvester MO. before I bought it- all lettering is sharp and clean. I also have 2 pre-1949 Model 12 12 gauges with 30" full choked barrels- this 97 is way tighter, and has been a favorite turkey gun for as long as I have owned it. Have not used it for steel shot and waterfowling, have also shot some 16 yard Trap with it.

This is a takedown series, with the Winchester Model 1897 stamping on the action slide bar. Has a very crisp trigger, and if you like guns with an outside hammer (Model 71 and Model 1894 Winchesters come to mind) you'd like this one. $600.00 plus insured shpg. to your FFL, 3 day shooting inspection trial period after receipt day, 100% refund of the $600 if you don't like it. I can get you fotos if you wish- e-mail me at dsmorin @ hotmail.com if interested. Has a brown Uncle Mikes slip on buttpad, as I like a 14&1/4" LOP on my duck hunting pumpguns, and 14" is more common on the older Winchesters I enjoy. Drop is 1&1/2" at comb and 1&7/8" at heel- with slip on pad installed. Std. 18 ring corn-cob field style forearm.. One of John M. Browning's best designs ever--IMO-- RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 09/25/16 12:25 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..