No dog in this fight but I'll tell you this: the average .720" dia. 12 ga. target wad will "obturate", swell, seal, or kick up its skirt even in a nominal 10 ga. bore--.779" Ray Barnes "Moneymaker" on a m12 in this case--to produce what I consider, in my fuzzyheaded, subjective way, to be pretty even distributions of shot in the patterns. The gun has killed a couple of pheasant at 35 yds. with 1 oz. so I'd guess the shot was going fast enuf to at least dispatch a mash-fed, designated victim. The .023" they need to expand in the bore of a Silver Snipe or an old Super is no big deal, in fact it's a pretty sticky passage if the effort to push a stuck one out of an underbored gun is any indication. I hadn't noticed that they pattern with more consistent distribution than do the "miracle" overbores. There must be wads designed for the current commonality of overbored 12 ga. barrels. I'm looking at an old Remington Power Piston Post and a CB-1100-12. Big difference in the depth of the skirts and the CB has four "incipient" serrations around the circumference. Plastic overpowder cups are a lot better pump washers than were fiber wads. Seems to me the older style of steep cone means that fiber got pushed from both sides to achieve the proper amount of lateral expansion. Why would anyone expect fiber to expand adequately in a gun with virtually no forcing cone. And John can dare to mention Becker but only Buckingham gets any respect. Dare I mention those .741" Lefevers?

jack