Originally Posted By: Ken Nelson
I still regard percolated or boiled Cain's coffee as the top of the heap.
Drip coffee just doesn't do it for me.

I always did, too, until my wife bought a Keurig coffee maker. I never dreamed coffee could be made that good one cup at a time. I'm old school, learned to drink black coffee in the Navy. Sweetener or creamer turns my stomach. K-cups are the way to go for really flavorful coffee. One of my other quirks is that I want my coffee so hot that it is "smokin,". I will regularly reheat a mug of coffee twice in the microwave before finishing it. I tell people who turn their coffee into a tan colored milkshake that they never really get "hooked" on coffee until they begin to drink it black. I can hardly get it too strong, occasionally ordering myself a double shot of expresso. But once, in the airport in Santiago, I got some too strong for me, no, actually twice. I bought a cup between flights in a restaurant there, and couldn't drink it, it was so strong. Dropped it in a trash can and headed toward my next flight's loading area. Passed a Dunkin Donut shop and thought "Now there's bound to be a good cup here". Bought it and, lo and behold, it was the same way!!! Trashed it, too. I like it really strong, but those people just make it wretched. Argentinian coffee is fine, but not Chilean.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.