Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
having the chokes changed on a BSA field grade gun is like Dolly Parton having a boob job--having the chokes or chamber length changed on a Boss is like welding arms back on to the Mona Lisa in the Louvre--

You must be watching too much TV. Mona Lisa is a oil painting not a statue. The statue that you were thinking of is this:

Aphrodite of Milos (Greek: Αφροδίτη της Μήλου, Aphroditi tis Milou), better known as the Venus de Milo, is an ancient Greek statue and one of the most famous works of ancient Greek sculpture. ... The statue is named after the Greek island of Milos, where it was discovered.

To the original question. Use the gun and enjoy it. If you want some of the PC post spreader wads I have a very good supply and am grown up enough to share with my friends. They open the choke up fairly well, without the need to alter chokes. If the gun can not be used, for what you want, it just will sit in a safe or closet and get older. It was built to be used and enjoyed. So if you reload you can load up a couple boxes of spreader load and shoot them in the left barrel. They seem to open a choke up about one step, that is full to IM or Mod. You don't get full to cylinder as some think.

I used them a few weeks ago with a Lefever which is choked extra full in both barrels. They worked well but I learned that birds withing 15 yards were best not shot at. Open, is not Skeet more like IM or Mod in this case. Still much better than a dinner plate size pattern at 25 yards with the extra full chokes.

Last edited by KY Jon; 11/03/16 11:45 AM.