I've shot a pile of 1 oz loads from 6lb guns with no problems at all. Shot a bundle of them from a 6lb 20 ga Ithaca flues before I learned the model was prone to cracking the frame. They were for the most part the 2-1 loads so velocity a bit under 1200 fps. I've also shot 1oz loads from a 5lb 14oz Darne/Halifax with no discomfort at all. The old "Rule of Thumb" of gun weight = 96 times the shot weight is dead on for a 6lb gun for an ounce of shot. This is supposed to be good for steady shooting, i have used heavier loads on numerous occasions than this ration where only a few shots would be involved. I have fired some 20 ga 3" magnum loads of 1oz from a 6 lb gun. It wasn't that Flues, it was a gun chambered & proofed for them, a Richland 707. This gives a ratio of only 80:1. You knew the recoil was there & would would not have wanted to have shot a lot of them in real rapid succession but for hunting use when I was fairly heavily clothed they were not at all bothersome.
It did of course have new wood on it, the biggest danger in a lot of use to an old gun is the wood I believe.
The L C Smith is not the only gun which will crack stocks either, many will do so.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra