I have a nice local Fresh Farm Turkey, also a smoked shoulder ham that a mate n I raised n had smoked locally.They do a wonderful job
I do the cooking.
My real delight are...
1..making the stuffing..big tasty portabello mushers cut thin, loads of onion,celery n red pepper,
some of the same pig sausage pork, a few roasted chestnuts, dried apricots & have at it with the herbs n bread crumbs.Lots of garlic
2...the gravy.. getting all the juice from the bird pan scraps n all, put outside in the cold to separate, skimming the fat n a shot of Gravey Master, corn starch to thicken.
3....Then my locally famous roast spuds & parsnips.
Par boil peeled spud cut in nice sized chunks till fluffy on outside but still well solid,...dry on towel until dry (other wise they will not brown. that is important),Then heat big pan in oven with 3/8th" olive oil, garlic n a few spatterts of Worcester Sauce mixed in (helps the brown n crispy_) roast around 375 for about90 mins ,get them all oily. basting every 20 mins or so/Peel Snips, but if small cut in half n add to oil with spuds.no need to par boil as they cook fast
Then a big pot of Brussle Sprouts..
that gets me goin'
cheers
franc
Home made whole cranberry sauce, of course
eat well mates