MP, the picture of the top of the barrels does have the cone removed. The bottom of the cone has knurling on it that mates with the knurling on the barrels that you can see. The screw that passes through the cone into the top of is both slotted and has knurling on it so the cone can be rotated and locked down. The screw does not go through to the chamber. I don't think the loaded chamber indicators that are mentioned are part of the cone. The firing pins, only the left is original, are very long with a spring. If there is a shell in the chamber the long pins are pushed out enough that the L on top of pin is visible. If the hammers are lowered on an empty chamber the L cannot be seen. At half cock the spring pushes the pin out far enoungh that the L can be seen with or without a shell in the chamber. As you can see the pin has Patn on it. Perhaps the cone had a bar attached to it that contacted the hammers on the small protrusion just above the striking nose that could be slid back to put both hammers on half cock? I doubt it, as there isn't much of a protrusion and no evidence of unusual wear. Thanks for all your help guys. I've already learned alot in a short time.