Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
In the little, tiny, backwater of Mpls/St. Paul you can't normally find 28 gauge ammunition. The usual suspects will have a box or two of something, but, you can usually count on one or both of them being on the order of 1oz loads of steel 4s or something else just as useless.
I ran out of 16 gauge ammunition in South Dakota one time. I was all done with that gun until I cleaned it when I got home.
Where, I had plenty of 16 gauge ammunition.
Oh well.

Best,
Ted

I'd be surprised if Cabela's in Rogers (and maybe the one in Woodbury) don't have both 16 and 28ga shells.

Woodbury had nada last time I was in it, 'bout two months past. Did buy my wife a cute little wool jacket in the bargain cave, but, that was it.
Gander had a little bit of Fiocchi, perhaps 6 boxes, of two different loads, a 7 1/2 shot hunting load and a 8 shot target load. I bought one box of each. Blaine Fleet Farm, Blaine Wal Mart, and Coon Rapids Dick's have never had a box that I have been able to find. There was a box of Federal high brass 28 gauge 6s at a gas station on the way up Lexington past Viking (getting rural fast out that way) but, it was $29.
I didn't buy it.

Best,
Ted