Just a tidbit on 28 ga. shell availability.

The late Arkansas retail magnate ,Sam Walton was a VERY dedicated Quail hunter.
He discovered Texas and its frequent years of Bobwhite bounty in his middle years.

He quietly leased large holdings and was regular in the small town cafes and motels of the area especially in Jan. Feb. after the peak Christmas retailing season.

A chap of my acquaintance (now sadly passed) was a lifelong employee of Walton and the Company he founded.
His job evolved into being a Senior player in ordering and distributing arms and ammunition for the entire company when they were major players in guns and ammo. He frequently bird hunted with his boss as well.

Walton had a preference for short barreled 28 gauge Remington 1100's (I think they even did a model named for him just like the guns he shot.)

My friend told me of the Boss and his hunting party arriving in Texas and finding someone had neglected to place 28 ga. shells on the plane.

Walton and his man drove to the nearest Wal-Mart, and the poor store manager not knowing who he was talking to , explained to him that, No they did not carry any 28 ga. ammo , no one wanted it anyway. Walton allowed that he was going to start stocking it tomorrow, and ordered the perplexed manager to get in his car and go to San Antonio and buy him two cases of 7 1/2 or 8's and drive them to the camp.

It became a company edict that Texas WalMart's would stock 28's going forward.

Company policy may have changed since his death, but our local WalMarts, and most any I walk into for miles around here have some 28 ga. AA's on the shelf thru the end of February.