Ok, here's what I have at this point:

1. 1915 rifle right for the time frame.
2. Overall styling.
3. Double palm swells.
4. No cheekpiece for another comparison point.
5. Checkering pattern similar to his style.
6. Lyman peep was a long slide, which is on it's way. Useless since it has been chromed, as was the bolt and follower.
7. Some of the tightest inletting I've seen and it is all small gouge marks.
8. I haven't measured it yet, but there appears to be cast built into the stock.
9. This is a California gun.
10. The radius above.

I am carefully cleaning it so that I will be able to show any and all features in more photos. I have a milled follower with appropriate wear and a C6 steel lot, correct for that range, bolt on the way. It had an I8 bolt, also correct.

I know how Michael talked about how if you had handled a Wundhammer, you would always be able to tell one. I am a southpaw and while ambidextrous, any longarm I throw up to my right shoulder feels a bit awkward, especially those with any cast off to them. So that is no help.

The bore is bright and shiny and even if we don't pin it down it will be a nice rifle after a few nicks are taken care of.

No id on the scope mount, it uses 3 screws and 2 pins, but the interesting part is it isn't flush against the receiver. I can see daylight looking down from the top along the length. Perhaps done by a different smith at a different time?

That is what I have now. I'm off to Hobby Lobby to buy some more raw linseed oil for cleaning.

Thaine

BTW, sounds like a good excuse for a roadtrip to Tulsa so I can let some more experienced folks look it over! LOL

It ain't ignorance that does the most damage, it's knowing so derned much that ain't so! J. Billings