My personal favorite is the Lefever. I like its design, but will say that as far as fit & finish all the way down through the lowest grades I would have to go with Parker. I am not a particular fan of Parkers & no longer own one but it's not because they were not well made.
I once had a 20ga Syracuse Arms A grade with the ejector switch on it. Don't recall exactly what now but something in the cocking arrangement broke & I had to go inside it. That was I believe the roughest finished gun I have ever seen inside in all my life even down to including some JABC's. The outside looked reasonably well but inside it looked like it was hewn out with a Foot Adz.
I do have a J P Clabrough which is well made & finished, but as stated I do not consider it an American gun. Don't know about them all but mine carries full Birmingham proofs so assume it was completely made there & then sold here. It is very doubtful if it had been finished in America that it would have been sent back for definitive proof & would thus have carried only the provisional proof.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra