Originally Posted By: Der Ami
Bibbyman,
If you can arrange to come to East Alabama, with the parts you do have, there is at least a fair chance I may have some of the things you need in my "Junk Pile". I have several different "forearm irons", maybe even one you need. The only way to know, is to check through the pile.
Mike

I know what would happen, I'd end up with another project gun or two!

I have made friends with an old gunsmith that can fill a 5 gallon bucket with Savage/Stevens double barrel parts but he seems to be missing the parts I need. I've ended up with at least 6 project guns from visiting him.

I talked to an old curmudgeon at a gun show yesterday that thinks he may have parts for my project shotguns. I'm planning on visiting wiht him sometime soon.

I also know another old gunsmith that may have Stevens parts. I'm going to touch base with him next weekend.

The payoff at the end is not worth the trouble and expense. It's the jurney and challenge that's worth the effort.

Here is my 235 project gun that started out as a flea market find. The buttstock is borrowed from a 225 I found. It took at least a year to get this far along.