Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's not forget what Ed Good really thinks about our right to keep and bear arms:

Originally Posted By: ed good

recognize that there are too many guns in too many hands...reduce those numbers and gun related violence will also be reduced...it is as simple as that...too much of anything is not good.

more and more guns means more and more guns will be mis used...it aint rocket science to understand that simple logic...

question is, what are we as responsible gun owners gonna do about the problem of too many guns in the hands of too many people?

or are we gonna keep our heads in the sand and let the pandering politicans impose some draconian new gun control legislation on us like they did in 1968 and again in 1993?

no, guns do not kill people...people kill people.

cept, too many guns in the hands of too many people do kill too many people...have we the people exceeded our carrying capacity for firepower?

http://news.yahoo.com/celebrities-demand-removal-confederate-symbol-mississippi-flag-225831525.html

if mississippians can have a dialog regarding restriction of the display of "the flag", then why cant we have a dialog here regarding the restriction of semi auto handguns?

guess no body here has the balls to answer my question:

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

In my opinion, the only person who has been more reliably against our 2nd Amendment Rights than Ed Good is his friend and fellow anti-gunner, King Brown. Birds of a feather!

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

Sidelock
Sidelock

gee keet, could it be that we dont care what you think about what i think? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Entering a antique gun-by mistake into bound book, does not make it a firearm.It should be able to be rectified by using "Inadvertent entry. Pre-1899 manufactured gun No FFL required" in the disposition column.Or make a single line through error and note

A call to your IOI to confirm would not hurt as he would be the one inspecting it.
As they-antique firearms, are outside the ATF jurisdiction,like air guns,they are not to be entered-knowingly,in the bound book.

http://orchidadvisors.com/wp-content/upl...Compliance2.pdf

Last edited by Dave K; 03/01/17 02:09 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

How many audits have you been through Dave? My guess is none.

I never once said entering it by mistake made it a firearm. What I did say was I try to avoid violations by having a CYA policy as do most FFL holders.

Your free to draw a line through your entry in your bound books. I'll be sending mine to an FFL holder or have a 4473 and a NICS number for my books. Most guys who stay in business feel the same as I do.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed Good,

If the captioned quotes above are indeed your words, I can tell you fat King George would have proudly called you his "subject." Those words are flacid attempts at virtue signalling the degree to which you are at pains to be "reasonable."

If our founders had been similarly as "reasonable" we would be waiving the Union Jack today.

Always remember that those who would subjugate us to the wonders of authoritarian Govt will ALWAYS appeal to people's desire to see themselves, and be seen by others, as "reasonable"..."cooperative"...and "moderate."

Now please direct me to where I can find a book about "great moderates in American history"...or even "great moderates in world hjstory."

You can not. History has ALWAYS hinged upon despots who subjugate, sometimes overthrown by freedom seeking radicals who refuse to cooperate.

More guns...more gun owners...equals a greater beachhead of liberty.

- Nudge

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve, do whatever you want I could care less !

Once again,a mistaken entry of a antique firearm in a bound book does NOT make it a firearm requiring a FFL or 4473 NICS check,the mistake can be easily rectified as is common by drawing a line though it and initialing it.This is supported by both Orchard Advisors-NSSF compliance partner,and conversations I have had with IOI agent.

http://orchidadvisors.com/wp-content/upl...-Compliance.pdf

"if you need to make corrections to your paper bound book, remember to make a single line through the error (no eraser or white-out). Then initial and date the change
made.

As I also suggested,a confirmation from your IOI would also be beneficial as he/she is the one who will audit you.

Last edited by Dave K; 03/01/17 03:49 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

It didn't appear to me that DaveK was making the claim that SKB said that entering an Antique in the bound ledger makes it a firearm. But Dave did politely inform him that it is indeed possible to delete or negate an Antique that has been erroneously entered as a modern post-1898 gun.

I've heard SKB's excuse for entering obvious Antiques just to play it safe. By that logic, he should be entering both original and modern replica muzzleloaders just in case they might be converted to breech loaders. Or maybe he might wish to get an Any Other Weapon classification for water pipe that could be fashioned into a zip gun.

Nudge commented on the anti-2nd Amendment quotations I provided to illustrate Ed Good's (and King Brown's) views on our gun rights. I assure him those are their exact words just as they posted them on this forum. Most of their anti-2nd amendment blather was posted on Misfires which explains why they are glad that sub-forum has been locked. Now they'd like to hide from their words and pretend they support our Constitutional RKBA. Dishonesty is not civility.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"You realize you're just honking at driverless cars."

Couple stuck in a traffic jam in NYC...today's Pepper and Salt in the Walleye Journal.

Reminds me of you guys when you get on ed and King.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep....just as I thought, never been through an audit.

The point I was making, which you completely missed, is that the goal of an FFL holder is to not rock the boat. The auditor may or not feel like hearing your story. If they are in a bad mood, they write you for the violation and you have to prove you were in compliance. Time and energy I do not have to waste. When you import as shipment of guns you submit a form 6 and then a 6A to confirm what was in the shipment. The last thing I need is to have a bunch of imports crossed out and say they were actually antiques. Then what? maybe send the ATF a note telling them not to worry about logging in half the shipment, really just antiques you see. THAT will raise a bunch of questions. Questions you do not need or want.Likely a bunch more paperwork too.

You can call the local ATF office and ask someone to give you an interpretation of an issue as they see it. That does not mean your inspection will been done by the same IOI officer or that the one who does your inspection will see things the same way. You are most likely technically correct in that an antque can be edited in the book with a simple cross out. You may also want some proof to back your antique claim especially if and when dealing with small obscure makers in a situation where a serial number alone is not proof. Why would I or any other FFL holder want that kind of headache? We do not and that is my point.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Keith,
and that is the point-BTW Steve,as usual,as NO clue about what I may or may not have been through audit wise or me.He just likes to think he is special.

Once again,addressing the OP,if you have mistakenly made an entry of a known antique firearm,it is common practice for errors in bound books,noted by both NSSF,Orchard Advisors and used by many FFL's ,to simply draw line through it and,once again,suggested if you feel the need to call your IOI (you can BTW easily note the time/date/subject,again as many FFL's do should another IOI question it as I do anytime I call).

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.