Well Larry, I thought you were ignoring my posts. Actually, I knew that you read them regularly, but pretended to ignore them.

I see your reading comprehension hasn't improved a bit over the last year or so. Nowhere in my last post did I suggest that the stock and forearm were original and made by Rivolier. But I'd bet that when this gun left their factory, it had a stock and forearm. Very early in this thread, I said this gun was either a lightly used closet queen or had been refinished. A couple posts later, I agreed it had likely been restocked. In the past, (not in this particular thread)I have noted several times that old wood finish typically shrinks into the pores, and lack of that is a strong indicator that a gun has been refinished. Most wood finishes tend to oxidize and become darker with time too. Before I found any images of original RPF guns, I did not know how their stocks were shaped and checkered, so I admit that I thought it was possible this one had been stripped and refinished, and that the original wood may have been re-profiled.

The very light coloration of the wood on this gun still suggests to me that it is very possibly French Walnut, even if it has been replaced. I'd still like to know who did the wood work as they did a beautiful job. But I don't think it looks terribly out of place on this relatively unadorned gun. I know of some high grade Syracuse Lefevers that were ordered with their normal fancy wood and checkering, but intentionally made with very sparse engraving and no gold inlays.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.