I have a 16 G Remington 31 that extracts fine but will let a Herters shell slip past the shell stop go under the lifter and drop out of the bottom of the action 2 or 3 shells per box.

Fooled with it a lot never cured until I ran Remington Game loads through the gun without any problems. Milked a box of New Herters shells, rim thickness, rim width, brass at base diameter. Wide variance in dimensions. Friend with a Browning O/U has problems with Winchester Wal Mart cheap shells. Never has any problem with better quality hulls. Shells get so cheap they are not reliable.

You can polish chambers have done several old rough Rifles and Shotguns with a split wood insert turned to chamber size & emery paper spun in a drill press. . 400 grit has been all they needed, but would not be concerned going as far as 360 or 280. I like the wood insert to be very close to chamber size, keeps it centered better. First choice would be to use better ammo. But if you are going to learn how to do it barrel that can be replaced is a good place to start.

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 03/30/17 05:26 PM.