OK, new to forum and got confused: didn't know to go to page 2;3, etc:old timers disease at age 64, I guess. Figured ya'll were just a quiet bunch or I had said something wrong.
Yes, I plan to treat this old girl with respect and you're going to help me do that. I just want to do my part as her steward and leave it better than I found it.
I have ordered loaded .25-25 shell coming from Buffalo Arms along with die,shell holder and more empty cases. Gun is on it's way to Brad Bachelder Master Gun Makers in Grand Rapids, Michagan:Go Wolverines!Firing pins were removed for safety but my Uncle says gunsmith hid them in gun somewhere;not in butt plate: may have to fabricate them if nothing else. I sent my Zeiss 1.5x6x42 along with drilling, which I think I got at he US Army Rod and Gun Club outside Heilelberg, Germany in 1982:lot's of hunting and great memories there!Brad Bachelder says they can do pivot or claw mount he thinks: with my vision I need optics. Still fantasize about insert in 30 30 Akley with fabricated full length and outward adjustable insert: Here ( can't disclose location:Roll Tide,War Eagle!) we need weapon for cloven hoofed game and varmits: i'm not mad at the birds.
How do I send pictures? Glad you want to see her!