Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's whatever you feel you need, at least half as long as your barrel. FYI, Gary actually says he can make one 8 feet long.

Nick. C Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the link VictoryXC they look very good. I'm guessing the 18 inch version will fully measure a barrel of 36" if used from both ends.
I've sent an email to see if he will export to the UK
Thanks again,
Nick.

edit- I didn't see the post above which answers the gauge length question sorry.

Last edited by El Garro; 11/30/16 10:04 AM.

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

Would anyone like to comment on whether to go with the dial or digital version? Pros and cons? Thanks in advance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: VictoryXC
Would anyone like to comment on whether to go with the dial or digital version? Pros and cons? Thanks in advance.

Just debating that with myself right now.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Digital or Dial indicator is a personal preference. Digital is probably easier to read and everything is going digital. I don't think they are more accurate then a dial.

On the other hand dial indicators have been around a long time. Easily calibrated if you have a set of gauge blocks & most of the bore mikes come with one. Fool proof if you know how to read it. I have a good dozen micrometers, mechanical dial indicators and calipers in my shop. One Digital indicator, the battery is dead. Been dead several years, odd battery not easily purchased, too much trouble to look for a battery when I can pick up a mechanical tool and do the same thing.

Boats

Sidelock
Sidelock

One advantage to a digital is that most can be switched from Inch to Metric if you like comparing the numbers. That said I put in over 35 years as a machinist & on occasion had to work from a print with metric measurements. I never owned a digital tool, my little Casio calculator would do all the conversions I needed.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Boats, those are good points. Not that the overall number is big but the dial version is significantly cheaper and will always be ready to go.

I never have a problem with my safe with the classic analog dial, as long as I remember the code. Not always true for my safe with the digital keypad. I'm currently locked out of it.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

here's the link to the guy at trapshooters

FWIW he has a fine rep

http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/chri...der-now.320537/

Personally I use a Stan Baker gauge and would recommend them highly but alas Stan has long since passed and few people will part with his stuff.

have another day
Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It would be an interesting thread to see who used Stan Baker over the years. He installed a screw-in choke in an old Ithaca M37 barrel for me in 1977. Gil

Boxlock
Boxlock

Skeets bore gauges are still available. Due to family health issues production was stopped for awhile. But we are up and running again.

To order call
Ed Patton
706-949-1469

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.