Been working all day and just got in and read of your problem with the poachers, Jon. I have had the same thing to happen to a field I was letting the dove numbers build up in, about a half mile from my house. I heard shooting and drove over there to find two strangers about two hundred yards apart on stools on the edge of the field. When I approach people like this I always slip on a light jacket and have my .45 in my hand in the pocket, unseen. I did so and told one fellow they were on private land, mine, and they needed to leave. He looked a bit resistant, and looked over at his buddy who started my way. I turned slightly so he could see what was in my hand, and the attitude changed dramatically. He claimed he thought he was on a WMA that is 8 miles away. I did not prosecute, as I would have had to hold them there for probably an hour until a warden could get there, but they have never been back.

I need to get my local warden's cell number. He had been a friend for a long time, but I never asked for it.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.