I feel like my Dove hunts have been struggles compared to "normal" openings around here, but it sounds like I should count my blessings.....
Talking to other, experienced shooters of my acquaintance I have fared rather well......Weather ( fronts, squall line, thunderstorms=, unseasonably cool nights) have all played Jake with the normal around here....
Just came in from shooting a field I had partially shredded two weeks ago..... Good numbers of birds, larger migrants for the most part. Challenging afternoon, but a limit secured in 20+ mph northeast wind made this first sundowner taste a little better.....Not often that I leave the field in the first week of the season and see a temperature in the 70's on the truck display.....

Hope it holds together for those who have it , and improves for those missing out...
The note regarding John's poacher problem is disturbing.....Do these thieves think that well prepared field just happened by accident, and was prepared for them.....

I have just about zeroed out the poaching in this part of the county.... Really great Warden, and super relationship with the County Judge pretty much keep it from happening....

Best of luck to all !