I can recall a few pictures of the riflesmith Neidner that M. Petrov shared a few years back. I believe he and some friends were at a match in the 20's. I don't think there were ten competitors in all, they may have thought that classic single shots were fading away from the scene. I don't know what the values will be down the road, but I doubt classic guns and rifles are headed to shreaders and crushers, at least not all of them.

I do think the folks that will be spending their hard earned money on them in the future are buying plastic autoloading pistols and rifles now. Even in some golden era, weren't these guns somewhat limited and exclusive. It's no big deal if they're sitting in the back of a safe or closet, at least they aren't getting beat on or bubba'ed. I don't know how comfortably they are sitting, but low pressure/obsolete length shell makers must have some market that keeps them in business, even if those customers aren't always public about it. I hope the glass is half full.