June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (Der Ami, steve f, MattH, buckstix), 379 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,035
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

I should have added that a life long love affair is what "focus" is all about. Saw my first western sharps collection in Livingston Montana when I was just 7 years old in the early 1950's. At the age of 15, owned my first Sharps rifle. As a Life Member of the Sharps Collector Association I'll recommend a visit to our web site...some of you may find it of interest.
http://www.sharpscollector.com/

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call

I should have added that a life long love affair is what "focus" is all about. Saw my first western sharps collection in Livingston Montana when I was just 7 years old in the early 1950's. At the age of 15, owned my first Sharps rifle. As a Life Member of the Sharps Collector Association I'll recommend a visit to our web site...some of you may find it of interest.
http://www.sharpscollector.com/

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, I'm not shocked - they all shoot as well as my Kimber.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thorny,
There is also a Marlin cheapie autoloader 22, that has some 'sort of "Microgroove" barrel on it. I haven't honestly shot it at 50 yards (mostly, kids in gunsafety class used it to poke their first holes in paper targets). But, I have been startled on two occasions of informal group plinking on how accurate a little gun it is.
That Remington 581, with the shortened and squared at both ends barrel, target crown, cleaned up trigger group, and Shepard scope? Now there, my friend, we would have a race....
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good question.
I had to look over my firearms to try and find the answer.
Judged strictly by my holdings, the common denominator is that they are all able to use centerfire or rimfire ammo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Owd Thorny, is just a minute-of-crow kinda guy.
The Kimber came about, as the Anschutz 1710 went it's merry way.
I've only quoted my factory test target - don't think I'll better that. I do know that there are some funkalicious sharpeshooting 22s of all kinds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The latest focus for my accumulation are a preference for sidelocks, Hammer or hammerless in smaller than 12 bore made between 1880 and 1930. I had my eye on a gorgeous 20 bore damascus gun at the Southern SxS that I am still kicking myself about. Prefer English guns but admit to having a weakness for LeFever, Baker and LC Smiths.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For years I looked at nothing with two barrels unless it had Parker Bros/Parker engraved on the frame, and accumulated at least one example of each grade from the "T" hammer un to "B" that included great examples of "P" and "E" grade 10-bores and even Parker repros in 12, 20, and 28 bore; then I saw an Optimus LeFever, and now I don't own a Parker of any type (or an Optimus!). The focus of my current collection is a hodge-podge of twin-barreled negelected and abused derelict project guns of various makes (all American, of course) in need of much TLC and rehabilitation; purchased out of great pity and intense patriotic desire to preserve a small poriton of that which remains of our American heritage in order that thier pathetic remains be saved from further abuse and ultimate total runiation or, God forbid, the ultimate injustice of being parted-out and sold piecemeal on eBay. My dream is to someday restore them to their original glory; reality is that such may never happen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

North American classic doubles generally made somewhere within the area from Baltimore to Boston to Woodstock, Ontario, Canada to Chicago to Wheeling/Moundsville and back to Baltimore!!

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I do not have a collection, as I understand collections, with a focus on make, type, etc. More of a "gathering", I guess. If there is a focus to my gathering of guns, it is usability combined with nostalgia. My doubles must be suited to either birds (quail), doves , ducks, or sporting clays. I feel, like homelessJoe, that they were meant to be shot. My Super Fox goes to the duck blind and gets used for it's intended purpose. I don't use them all often, but I use them all. The ones I didn't, I sold, and have never regretted selling one.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.