Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Best of luck on your find, Bladeswitcher.

Maybe it would be best to let this thread drop out of sight but since you wished me luck . . .

I met the seller today and took possession of the gun. It's a bit rougher cosmetically than I would like but the gun is sound. It locks up tight. It also seems to balance and handle nicely. It has 30 inch barrels, the left being choked. Bores are "pretty good." Chambers are indeed 2-3/4. Looks like it's had some (amateur) work throughout its life and the buttstock appears to be refinished. The only "Stensby" anywhere is on the rib -- the rear of which has turned brown, providing a rather unusual contrast to the still-blue barrels. I wonder if it wasn't a Birmingham gun that was finished out (or simply labeled) in Manchester.

Had I seen this gun in a shop I might have passed but it was a Gunbroker deal. I don't think I'm hurt any. The gun is worth at least what I paid and probably a bit more. Plus it came with a nice case.

ETA: Found this photo of Stensby's shop. I believe they closed sometime around 1990.

Last edited by bladeswitcher; 09/28/17 10:47 PM.