Livorwort, I think you should get to an eye doctor, no matter how crappy the glass is you shouldn't have things disappear. I'm 70 had cataract surgery in both eyes a number of years ago, have floaters I have to wait to get out of the way sometimes. But even with my Leupold VX-1 and 2's 1-4x20mm scopes I can shoot sub-MOA groups to 300 yards(our longest range).

I'm not a big game hunter any longer, I hunt coyotes in up to five states each year, I have a hunting truck set up with a bunk and heat in the back and some times go on month long coyote hunting trips. In most states there is no time restriction on predator hunting. If I can see a coyote with my bare eyes coming in I can kill him with one of my scopes, My coyote rifles wear 1-4x20mm, 1.5-6x40m and one has a 2.5-10x40mm.

I like to build my own rifles and do some wildcatting, so I spend a lot of time at the range, and with my eyes I can no longer shoot open or peep sights so it is scopes on everything.
When I hear people talk about scopes I wonder how I was able to shoot anything in the past. My Metallic Silhouette rifle of the 70's wore a Lyman 10x non-perma center scope and it worked just fine on 500 meter rams, they were clear and crosshairs easily held on the sweet spot to topple one. My still hunting and tracking rifle wore Weaver K-1.5 and V-4.5 never lost a deer because I couldn't see him or put the crosshairs right where they were needed. I did dabble in a little long range deer hunting targeting specific deer that I saw while trapping and a Ruger #1 in 300 Win Mag with the same Lyman 10x worked just fine, heck I could hit a 500 meter ram with it off hand a deer off a rest was a piece of cake.

I personally think that as long as you don't try and stretch your shots beyond where you can hold on fur, which for me is around 300 yards on a coyote even the lowly 1-4x20 scope works just fine, I have them on coyote guns(mostly combo guns) by Leupold, Nikon and Weaver, My favorite coyote/hunting scope is the 1.5-6x40 and have them by Burris, Alpen, Sightron and Bausch&Lomb. To me FOV is way more important than X's.

The only scope to ever fail on me was an old Leupold Vari-X 2 on a lightweight 35 Whelen, the fourth shot made it sound like a maraca.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.