First let me say that I am not recommending this, BUT, A lot of whitetail deer have been killed in the US at least with the .32WCF (32-20). Normal load for this cartridge was a 115 grain bullet @ around 1300 FPS if memory serves me correct. Dave Scovill of Handloader/Rifle magizine stated that while he was NOT recommending it as a deer rifle an acquaintance of his had used one to fill his deer tag 16 years in a row. Back in the early 1980's qs I recall a story made news in several outdoor magazines of a mounted deer head being purchased at a yard sale by the nephew of an old man who had killed it many years previously in Wisconsin along a tributary to the St Croix river. Upon measurement it stood for several years as the record Typical Whitetail. It had been taken with a .32-20. I didn't save any of the articles but the story was quite amazing. Perhaps someone here is familiar with it & can provide some details. I do also recall of an account of an Eskimo Girl while out picking blackberries killing a record Grizzly with a single shot rifle firing .22 longs.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra