June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Licensed to kill, craigd, 1 invisible), 224 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,158
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
When I was married, my wife and I arrived at a perfectly reasonable accommodation.

I'm happily married but the last two shotguns bought in our house were bought by my wife - for herself.

No, I don't have to sneak guns into the house.

Last edited by FlyChamps; 12/09/17 08:16 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes James I do appreciate my friend. He actually mentioned jokingly, the fact that he might just keep it before he turned it over to me.

That was a few years ago and since then, any firearms I've purchased, I usually mention to her what a great deal it was and If I sell it I could make a decent profit on it (of course I rarely sell them). If that doesn't work, I usually use the "hair, purse and shoe card" where she spends more on her hair, purses and shoes over a 6-7 month period of time than what the gun cost.

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife of 44 years and I have been doing what Skeettx does, with our own separate "do as we wish" funds. Guns have been known to go directly to the back of the safe when brought home with the explanation of being there for some time when they are brought out at a later date. Then there is the explanation that the finely engraved gun is actually cheaper than the blued one because they didn't take the time to polish the scatches out and blue it. Funny how we all get to the same destination.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

My secret? The ubiquitous grey gunsock. In fact, if you were to open my safe, you would see a row of grey gunsocks. Every gun comes in and goes out in the same color sock. Honestly I have no secrets, but I am rarely asked. Once over dinner she mentioned a voicemail from our bank about confirming a wire transfer in British Pounds. I acknowledged it was mine and that I would take care of it, and we continued our pleasant meal.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been married twice. First time I had joint accounts and watched my first wife spend money like a mad person. Which she was or is, in a way. After ten years and a lot of psychological therapy for her we divorced. I was lucky to find my current wife a few years later. second time around I did things differently.

We have no joint accounts. All property is in my name alone, home, farms, cars, trucks you name it. Her SUV is in her name, I did get to buy it for her and I did get to pick out the color as well. Her income goes directly into her own account and she spends it as she wishes. Mine is the same way. We even had a prenuptial and an amended post-nuptial agreement just to make sure. If I die first she gets 1/3 of everything and the rest goes directly to the kids.

So money is nothing that she complains about. But she did get a bit mad when I bought a house a few years ago. It seemed my first wife could not get a mortgage on smaller house she wanted and since she was still living in a house I owned, I decided to buy the second house for her. I gave her lifetime rights to live in it and put that house in my kids name from the first marriage. Wife number two was not impressed with my largess. Even when I sold the old house and came out ahead she still was not happy with my buying my first wife anything like a house. Took her about six months to get over it and still is not a subject best brought up but that's only been five years or so.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

When I pick up something, it's usually with cash. It's such a pain in the tail for me to go and get it that I just ask my wife if she would.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Cameron
Yes James I do appreciate my friend. He actually mentioned jokingly, the fact that he might just keep it before he turned it over to me.

That was a few years ago and since then, any firearms I've purchased, I usually mention to her what a great deal it was and If I sell it I could make a decent profit on it (of course I rarely sell them). If that doesn't work, I usually use the "hair, purse and shoe card" where she spends more on her hair, purses and shoes over a 6-7 month period of time than what the gun cost.

The hair purses and shoes card is a weak hand. Thats more for you. Unless you want your wife rockin a 15 dollar high and tight and an old pair of combat boots when you go out. The purses if not too queer (odd) could work as a game or shell bag. Lookin good aint cheap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

She has her vise's and I have mine. No biggie

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The only purchase that has ever caused big tension was that Honda Shadow Aero I bought. She has always been scared of motorcycles, and I knew she was afraid for me to have one. So, when that opportunity came along I just bought it, and told her about it a couple days later .......... after I had already transferred an equal amount of money into her checking account. That was to appease. Didn't work as well as I had hoped, but not a total bust either. Turns out that she wasn't upset over the bike as much as that I had bought it without telling her I was going to. She couldn't give a care about all my guns, but that bike got her "tore up".

So now, when the bike is back in perfect shape, after my wreck on it, I'm going to sell it and the proceeds will help out on the big 12 ga. hammergun that awaits me in Vegas. That's what I call "conversion of funds".

You gotta stay on your toes, guys. Where there's a will there's a way.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 12/10/17 08:21 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Never a problem with my dear wife and guns, she had her own.
I keep a gun account separate from our household finances.
Occasionally, the gun account has helped partially finance a new car or University tuition, when it was in better shape than our household monies.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.