September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (dukxdog, azgreg, 1 invisible), 327 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,918
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Cameron
Yes James I do appreciate my friend. He actually mentioned jokingly, the fact that he might just keep it before he turned it over to me.

That was a few years ago and since then, any firearms I've purchased, I usually mention to her what a great deal it was and If I sell it I could make a decent profit on it (of course I rarely sell them). If that doesn't work, I usually use the "hair, purse and shoe card" where she spends more on her hair, purses and shoes over a 6-7 month period of time than what the gun cost.

The hair purses and shoes card is a weak hand. Thats more for you. Unless you want your wife rockin a 15 dollar high and tight and an old pair of combat boots when you go out. The purses if not too queer (odd) could work as a game or shell bag. Lookin good aint cheap.

The first statement I've highlighted I have not found to be true in life as a rule, and in my own personal experience. They do it for themselves, and other women. They are really quite vain, which leads to the second highlighted quote of looking pretty not being cheap. A woman typically spends an enormous amount of resources (time and money) on how she looks. This ramps up exponentially as time inevitably take its toll: from age defying creams to multiple surgeries.

You would probably want a three day inspection on that used gun bought over the internet, as pics can be inadequate at best, and deceiving at worst. When it comes to that most staggering of all expenditures most men will make, he should be able, even required, to view her without enhancements. Maybe even codified under the section on deceptive trade practices.

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

None. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife owns horses. She has 4 or 5, not really sure of the exact number. Since I pay for everything she really doesn't mind the occasional gun purchase. I'm sure the horse expenses are astronomical. I tell her that I don't want to know.

To her credit, she didn't bat an eye when I told her that I was going to hunt in Africa. Of course I invited her along. But I'm sure the new horse trailer she wants will cost as much as the Africa trip. Oh well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My deal between my lovely wife and I of 32 years is I buy a shotgun, she gets something that sparkles. Well, she's a little behind on her sparkles. On my last purchase of an RBL. She may freak out on the first of the year, I have an opportunity to pick up another AYA 25bl. Which I don't need, but was one of the original 10 guns we bought back in the 70s. I know the gun have had less than 4 boxs of shells ran throughout it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hammergun
My wife owns horses. She has 4 or 5, not really sure of the exact number. Since I pay for everything she really doesn't mind the occasional gun purchase. I'm sure the horse expenses are astronomical. I tell her that I don't want to know.

To her credit, she didn't bat an eye when I told her that I was going to hunt in Africa. Of course I invited her along. But I'm sure the new horse trailer she wants will cost as much as the Africa trip. Oh well.

Hammergun, trust me if your wife has 4 or 5 horses you are way ahead with your hobby!! Having grown up riding horses/showing horses the horse is the cheapest part of that hobby!! As to which purchase Ive gotten into hot water for? All of them!!😝

Dogs On Point!!! - doublenut

Sidelock
Sidelock

In my house it the other way around. My wife wears a new outfit every day. When I ask its always the same, 'I've wore this before', or 'I've had this for a while'. But I never see a package or a bill or any indication she has bought a new outfit. On the other hand, she owns 1/2 doz guns and hunts so she never gives me a problem over my guns.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Women do play the same games as we do. The reason I don't know how many horses my wife actually owns is because the status of the horses is always a little vague and changing. She even says one horse is mine but I've never ridden it although I do ride occasionally. I try not to get too worked up about it as long as I can afford my hobbies.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tamid
In my house it the other way around. My wife wears a new outfit every day. When I ask its always the same, 'I've wore this before', or 'I've had this for a while'. But I never see a package or a bill or any indication she has bought a new outfit. On the other hand, she owns 1/2 doz guns and hunts so she never gives me a problem over my guns.

Hahahaha, this reminds me of when I was married. "This old thing....I've had it for ages" Took me a while to clue in......bought last year, in a bag in her walk-in for the last year an a half, waiting for the right time. Oh well, she always looked good.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh well, she always looked good.

Thats my point. Does it matter who she does it for? As long as I get to look and touch and smell.

My wife has more money than me so this never comes up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
That has never been an issue in our marriage.
SRH

Same here, Stan. I married right in many ways.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.