September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jtplumb, Argo44, SamW, bushveld, Ian Forrester, 1 invisible), 244 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,927
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eis,
I have a plan. Explain to her that I can help out with the kenneling. I enjoyed hunting behind Magic, can't wait to meet the new one.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mine doesn't care. I work my ass off, save money and come home to her. She goes to the Bahamas for her double gun like fix. Comes back tan and happy too

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eis,
Dogs are easy to get into the house, " Just had a text about a dog that is going to be put down if it isn't rehomed " (by today,tonight, next week , next month . Choose to suit!)
Guns ? Now there is another issue !
" Just had this gun given to me or It was a bargain or Only paid a bargain price for it or I thought it may suit you or the Grandchild etc."
Only issue with that is you buggers get my guns for a song when I pass over. But hey ENJOY.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's like this.

I started as a trap shooter. That's what my 'mentor' did, so trap was the thing for about 4 years. My horizons eventually expanded but I'm still a trap shooter. While I've mostly lost the registered trap shooter mentality I still bear the scars.

My first 'real' trap gun was more than I could afford at the time. I borrowed money with the rather lame story that 'this would be the last gun I ever had to buy'.

Of course, I never hear about that do I?

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, at least I can truthfully tell her I don't borrow money to buy a gun/boat/atv etc...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I stumbled upon this general conversation 2 decades ago.
It's a generational one. And contentious, prone to unpleasant exchanges and judgemental slights.
Old couples conjoin resources, young one's not so much. And then there's the household where one or the other stays at home.

The level of interchange is tied to how you run your household. Everyone must do what works for them. It's never an outsider's business.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ROMAC
My duck club has a barn full of boats, trailers and motors that no wife has ever seen nor heard of.

I've seen this plan back-fire when a guys dies very young, and these hidden assets get scarfed up by vultures he thought were his friends instead of going to the guy's widow or children.

Just as bad is when the guy didn't hide the asset, but instead lied about the price or value, and the heirs then sell it for far less than fair market value.

I think Jagermeister has found a pretty good solution to this problem. He just buys guns on Layaway or puts them on hold, tells us all about his new purchase, and then backs out of the deal without ever taking possession of the gun. This approach can save on shipping and FFL Transfer fees too!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Leave Jag alone. He’s “saving” for “retirement”. (Sorry Jag. Had to do it.)

Strike! Strike! Spare spare...USA!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Knew a fellow who use to take a broom handle in a soft case out his door to every gun show. If he bought something he'd leave the broom handle in his truck and bring the gun in the case and tell his wife he had no buyers and was going to put his "old" gun back in the rack. Did this for years I'm told until his wife sent him a text one day while he was at the gun show. "Please pick up a broom handle today and that case better be empty tonight. ". The jig was up. You can't fool them every time and best not try.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They know your purchases are a diversion of resources they view as their's to direct.
They can't wait for you to die to get even by cashing them all in as fast as they possibly can.

Seen it many times.

Trunkful's paraded around to gun clubs on the Saturdays after the funeral.

Out there doing it best I can.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.