Originally Posted By: Owenjj3
A unique and extremely versatile gun! Evidently you resisted temptation to patronize the geographically proximate Briley shop and steadfastly adhered to the purist's approach. Did you change anything such as with an overbore or lengthened forcing cone relative to the originals or are they duplicated exactly?

Nothing was altered other than the chokes: both of the subsequent sets were brought over from France in the white, never having been fitted to a gun. There was therefore no provenance to affect by opening the chokes to something more practical and useful with other loads and shooting scenarios. Fortunately, both sets of tubes had factory 70mm chambers, so the versatility and utility of the gun has been increased dramatically.

I have one more set of barrels in the white still in France, bought and paid for, waiting for the last of the paperwork to be obtained. This set will go on my No. 5, putting me in the interesting position of having two 16 gauge Ideals with five sets of barrels between them. laugh

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility