June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
10 members (HistoricBore, DaveB, Jimmy W, AGS, 4 invisible), 537 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,579
Posts546,668
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Light Modified seems to be the way to go if one has single barrel. With double one would want loose left and tighter right barrel. Opposite would work for left hand/eye dominant person. Stuff like 3/4-full or full-extra full make no sense to me. crazy That is just like having single barrel gun with full choke.

Since most doubles fire the right barrel with the front trigger, this worthless advice makes no sense in most American upland hunting situations. And the relationship between being left handed and left eye dominant and choke selection suggests that you may be drinking heavily much earlier than usual today.

But why would we expect good and rational double gun advice from a guy like you... a pretender and internet fake who doesn't own even one lousy double gun? Stick to what you know and go steal a kishka.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The front trigger fires the more openly choked barrel which is right for sXs and bottom barrel for O/U when set up for right hand shooter. My numero uno recommendation for new shooter has been PB 'Essential', 'White Wing' or 'Black Wing' with choke tube system. In 12ga these weigh right around 7lb and are quintessential "knockabout' doubles of modern age. Great expensive all around shotguns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So why don't you follow your own advice Jagermeister? And why does a guy who doesn't own even one lousy double gun, either side by side or over-under, feel the pathetic need to make recommendations about guns that he has no personal experience with?

Do you also spend time on car forums posting about cars you never owned or drove, or on golf forums giving advice on equipment or techniques you have never tried? How sick!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
So why don't you follow your own advice Jagermeister? And why does a guy who doesn't own even one lousy double gun, either side by side or over-under, feel the pathetic need to make recommendations about guns that he has no personal experience with?

Do you also spend time on car forums posting about cars you never owned or drove, or on golf forums giving advice on equipment or techniques you have never tried? How sick!

I suggest ribless Beretta 0/U with choke tubes over SxS because given equal weight and fit the 0/U presents less felt recoil when the trigger is pulled the first time (lower barrel goes off).

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jag

You shouldnt steal. Its not nice. If you get caught at Wegmans theyll ban you and you will have to shop at Piggly Wiggly.

I see you give advice on golf. How do I fix a snap hook?

OP: open one and leave the other be. Piss everyone off.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't give advice on cars or golf. I don't know anything about golf. I will be at Wegman's soon to pick up some Radewska spring water, NY honey, fresh bread,....I will drop by Cabela's Gun Library to see if they have anything interesting in stock. Perhaps something French in 16ga with spreader choked right barrel. smirk

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dont know anything about golf.

Neither do I. Thats why I asked. Im actually not horrible. 17/18 handicap. A very wise man at St Andrews said that is right where the gentleman golfer should be. Much less and he is neglecting his business. Much more he is neglecting his golf. Scots and Canadians are ok in my book for inventing the two greatest sports in the world. Hockey is the other of course.

Feliz Navidad everyone.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I don't give advice on cars or golf. I don't know anything about golf. I will be at Wegman's soon to pick up some Radewska spring water, NY honey, fresh bread,....I will drop by Cabela's Gun Library to see if they have anything interesting in stock. Perhaps something French in 16ga with spreader choked right barrel. smirk

Perhaps you should give advice on drooling, and tire kicking, and making shit up, because you don't own any double guns, and much of the advice you provide on them is wrong. Your advice on reloading with the use of Grex shot buffer was obviously a lie, as was what you told us about the effectiveness of a recoil pad on a Remington 870 pump shotgun you had on Layaway, but never took possession of.

I'll bet the guys at Cabela's Gun Library can't wait to have you waste their time again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll bet the guys at Cabela's Gun Library can't wait to have you waste their time again.

I need some more of Radewska mineral water, NY "Wild Honey", babka, Empire uncured turkey bacon,.....Cabela's lists some Bismuth in #5 available soon to be listed out of stock at that location.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no comments to make on cars or game of golf. Speaking of nice knockabout guns there is GunsInternational #100959779. Wonderful seven pounder with IC, Mod choke tubes provided and 3" chamber to boot. This is early tubed version with matte finished receiver. Nice plain blonde walnut. Ooops, I meant French walnut. The price is fair and may be a little less if cash is offered. It doesn't hunt to ask nicely.

To go back to original question..... I would open them chokes up. Don't see much use for combo listed unless one does Turkey hunting or BK shot for larger game.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.