If you want to hydrate the dog, use pedialyte. You can buy it in liquid or powdered form. If you don't have any, you can simply mix some salt and sugar in the water. The intravenous hydration is meant for a dog that is seriously dehydrated. They look a bit like a camel when the treatment is finished.

I carry some betadine, kaopectate, forceps, hydrogen peroxide (to induce vomitting(mixed with water)), etc. Also a length of surgical tubing. It can serve many uses. The biggest concerns will be heat and barbed wire. Carry bottled water on you and water the dog down on a regular basis. A few years ago, on opening day, the temperature hit in the 80's. A number of dogs died from heat stroke.

I have a bag in the truck for the dogs and myself, in case. Look at the area where you will hunting. Find the name and number of 2 vets close by. Keep those in the bag as well.

I would have the dog vaccinated for Lyme disease. While not as common in SD as here in IL, there are more cases in SD than in your home state.

Pete