Quote:
I love Danner Pronghorns. Comfortable, light & durable.

I agree. I have gone through a lot of boots over the years, and my recent favorites have been Keens, but I needed a taller boot this season to allow for an ankle injury. So, I bought tall, uninsulated boots from Danner, Meindl, and Lowa. The Danners are tall (8-1/2"?) Pronghorns, and the Meindls and Lowas are around 8". Pronghorns and Meindls were on sale at Cabela's for under $200, and I paid full pop at REI for the Lowas, around $450. The Lowas are the most comfortable, the Meindls are fine, but the Pronghorns are the best value and the boots I have been wearing. Light, comfortable, sturdy, decent ankle support, acceptable appearance. I will never buy or wear a boot with a moc toe, because of the stitching problems and because they hurt my feet around the toe box. I have bunches of boots in my rotation, but when I go back to a 6" boot (if I am able), it will be shorter Pronghorns (4 pair) and the old Keens (3 pair). My only caution on the Danners is that they tend to run a bit narrow for size, so I buy them wide.