Very nice Lloyd. I'm still trying with the flintlock, and holding out for a buck until the last couple days. Sounds like next week is going to be even colder than this week. It's the best time of the year to be out, and you can often hunt all day without ever seeing another hunter. After all of the other seasons are over, the deer are as spooked and wary as they will ever be. It really is an accomplishment to get a nice buck with a flinter now. I haven't flushed even one grouse in regular firearms or flintlock deer season, which is very unusual and troubling.

I too am glad that Pennsylvania never ruined the muzzleloader season by permitting anything other than flintlocks. They do have a one week early muzzleloader season in October that permits the use of in-lines and percussion guns, but that is a doe season only. Very appropriate, because you have to be a female or have female traits to hunt with an in-line anyway.

What kind of rifle is that? I know the patchbox is not T/C.

Edit: I see you have identified the left hand flinter.

Last edited by keith; 01/02/18 07:42 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.