A Po' Boy is a rifle that was originally built in the Appalachians ........in several states, actually. But, it is very plain, as far as embellishments go. Embellishments meaning anything brass, carvings in the wood, German silver, or anything other than iron furniture. It will have no buttplate, no nose cap, and iron thimbles. The ramrod will have no ferrules of any kind, and the sights may vary somewhat. I made the sights on mine back when I was competing with it. They look traditional, but are a very narrow "square" notch in the rear sight, and a very narrow "post" front blade sight.

Po' Boys have a subtle beauty about them, being minimalist in decoration, but elegant in their lines and shape. I absolutely love mine. I hunted squirrels with it many times, taking head shots only with the 25 gr. load. The buck I killed with it was illegal actually, because .45 is the minimum legal caliber in GA, but I "succumbed to the moment" one Thanksgiving morning while squirrel hunting with my son and took a shot on a jumped buck, running, and broke his neck at about 80 yds.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.