This base model Inverness is a good-looking alternative to similar-priced Berettas and Brownings, and maybe Guerinis, although CSMC may have the upper hand price-wise when you consider looks. Performance remains to be seen, as all the others are more of a known quantity, even though the Inverness has been out for several years.

Stan makes a good point about reliability comparison with a Beretta SPII. I doubt there is a more reliable o/u ever made than the 680 series from Beretta.

I've had many CSMC shotguns since the RBL20 was introduced, one A10 12 ga. and several RBL12's. Every one of the RBL's went back with problems, and the A10 broke both mainsprings from heavy use at Sporting clays. They sent me two new springs for the A10 which I replaced, and the RBL's all were fixed quickly and perfectly, no questions asked other than "how do you want us to do this?" Just know that CSMC products require some caveats and understanding, but they are unique, attractive, durable, and well-designed guns. I would not discourage anyone from buying this gun at this price, but I would strongly suggest going with the wood upgrade for the nominal extra cost.

In the long haul, you will probably be very happy with this gun at this price.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 01/10/18 01:03 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.