SHAME, SHAME
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
pomofo Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Tamid
Replacing some of the screws may not be that difficult. If you have means to measure the screw pitch, OD and length you may be able to contact a gunsmith who specializes in repair of older guns and see if he has something on hand or can make one for you. The problem may be that the pitch is not of today's standards and accurately measuring the pitch could be a problem.

As a suggestion, use what you would put in a college fund to buy up all the old guns you can now and use them till your kid is ready for college. Then give them to him to either become a gunsmith or sell and get an education smile

If we end up having the 12 kids my wife wants then college is definitely out of the question unless they can get scholarships. Guess I'll have to just buy more guns!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I assumed the top lever on pomofo's gun must be for opening the breech since he has obviously opened it and the lock-up is apparently tight if he holds it to the left. If that is indeed the case, it probably wouldn't hurt anything to fire it, but I'd advise replacing the weak or broken top-lever spring ASAP because if it isn't held closed, the locking surfaces will get hammered. I only own one drilling, a C.K. Ansorg pre-war 16x16x8m/m. The barrel selector that also raises the rear sight is on the top tang, and the safety is on the grip.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: skeettx
GENTLEMEN[spoiler][/spoiler]
A first time poster and y'all do this?
SHAME, SHAME
Mike

Excuse me, but you seem to tolerate repeated lies, unadulterated B.S., unabashed support for anti-gun politicians, and anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric among other things that have absolutely no place here . I find that extremely shameful, but different strokes for different folks I guess. Maybe you agree with King Brown and Last Dollar that we should embrace the very people who are stabbing us in the back. The new guy will soon see for himself that Jagermeister is an empty suit who doesn't own any doubles, and supports firearms restrictions on law abiding citizens while making excuses for Muslim terrorists who use trucks and bombs to kill and main.

Support for our gun rights is a bit more than an NRA decal or lapel pin. Thanks for your thoughts.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We should be hearing from King Brown any minute, as he is reading this thread right now. The new guy will love to see a bunch of his anti-2nd Amendment quotes... and I'll be happy to provide them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, I noticed your derogatory words in two posts to insult persons of Polish origin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have a cannoli paczki (the Italian bakery has them) and a pot of coffee going. This could be good!

Twelve kids! Mama Mia!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Have a cannoli paczki (the Italian bakery has them) and a pot of coffee going. This could be good!

Twelve kids! Mama Mia!

Paczki and green coffee gut. While your original comment was kind of direct I agree with you. In our country getting something like this fixed will be awful expensive and those able to do it right are few and far between. I mean the only craftsmen left that can modify something w/o just replacing parts are the plumbers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

pomofo unfortunately you get the good side of this board with the initial advice from Dave and Keith and others, while then seeing the result of long insults and bad blood.

Sad Jager and Keith could not help it.

Jager you don't like it when Keith attacks you, your garbage is no different and input on this thread of no value.

Reference the drilling, it maybe worth repairing, but go slow and attack in the steps already advised.

Guns can become money pits and I never would go invest in one that will put me upside down in it without forethought that it is worth it to me to lose the money.

I would send the drilling to a qualified gunsmith for an estimate and evaluation then move once you have better knowledge.

Last edited by old colonel; 01/31/18 08:28 PM. Reason: to provide clarity

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael, it's not offensive to draw attention to serial rudeness. Your post seems to encourage it. Our host says keep it clean.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.