Originally Posted By: rtw
Thank you all. I'm still sorting through options and learning, hopefully, as I do.

Rocketman-I, for one, am interested in your continuing. Michael Mc(notch wrote about this some in his book, "Shotgunning and Shooting".

OK, rtw, here comes Gun Handling 102.

Make up a 4 oz bottle of shot. Tape it to the gun starting at the muzzle, every 4 inches to the butt. Measure and record distance from teeter-totter point to front trigger for each weight location. This experiment will give you a good understanding of how weight changes can change balance point. Hold the gun in your hands with each weight location. Pay close attention to any urge to shift your front hand. The balance point where you are most satisfied with your front hand location is "close" to your preferred balance. Repeat using a 2 oz weight to see how smaller weights can have the same effect as a larger weight when further from the CG.

The above will give you a good basic understanding of balance, your preferred balance location, and how to move balance to a more preferred location.

Questions?

DDA