September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (prairie ghost, obsessed-with-doubles, R. Glenz, Ted Schefelbein), 239 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,881
Posts550,413
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

They should have stayed with what got them to the dance in the first place. The older Model 1100's and the special field 1100's.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad news but in economics and the study of capitalism it's called "Creative Destruction, a concept explained by Joseph Schrumpter - where by the revolutionary product of today breeds its own demise by encouraging more advanced versions. I bought my second 870 in 1979 and carried for 40 years in (smuggled in trunks under carpets) to Africa, Europe, the Sub-Continent. It was chambered for 2 3/4...IC. A no-rib 28" barrel. It shot everything, everywhere and still looks new. It is the pick-up truck of the shotgun world.

I know their quality declined - I bought a 28" barrel off the internet chambered for 3" last year for my son's Marine Magnum (he kayaks in Alaska - needed the nickel plating and short barrel). I had to take a grinder to the chamber to allow shells to be extracted - a small lip remained behind the chamber which prevented the shells from extracting.

Last edited by Argo44; 02/13/18 02:24 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

The acquisition of Marlin and the drastic decrease in quality certainly didn't help. They lost a lot of money from the cowboy shooting market when the pistol caliber 1984's were so bad that cowboy shooters stopped buying them and switched to the Uberti 1873 & 1866. It's only almost 10 years later that they've gotten the quality close to the original Marlin's.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Boxlock
Boxlock

I hate that a gun company may be on the ropes but I quit buying remington products a long time ago. From their denial of the 700 safety issue, to the little 22/17 magnum rifle fiasco they have proven they couldn't care about anything but their bottom line and that's not good for the industry as a whole.

My father has an early 700 that came with instructions on how to test and adjust the safety. I take a lot of people hunting entertaining clients. Most of them seem to have 700s and have never heard of the safety issue. I am surprised at how many will actually fail.

Test yours. With the gun empty and pointed in a safe direction, firing pin cocked, and safety on, pull the trigger hard. Do it several times, hold it what ever. Then with it still pointed in a safe direction move the safety to fire. You might get a surprise when the firing pin falls. Problem is, just because it didn't did it the first time you tried doesn't mean it won't do it later. Some will do it once and then you cat get it to repeat. It is a poor design and is affected by dirt and wear. Always remember this is a safety device and should be 100% positive, the fact that even a few fail means yours can.

Always be careful when letting off the safety on a 700.

Never mind you could have paid $500 for that 22/17 magnum rifle one day only to receive $200 in remington gift certificates the next. In other words don't use the rifle for legal issues, knowing no one will send it back for $200 in gift certificates.

Don't get me started on the marlin aquistion......

Last edited by gyrhed; 02/15/18 11:30 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to worry about Remington. Yet another psycho shoots up an unprotected school "safe zone" and the democrats come out swinging with gun control. That ought to take care of the mid term elections this year and get Big Green back to being profitable selling ARs...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Remington will come out of this. Worries about more gun controls do not scare me. It's the typical do something even if it's stupid response by people who want action instead of figuring out the real issues and then confronting them to make hard decisions. Easy to be in favor of gun control if you have no guns. I'm in favor of a lot of things that I don't do.

Why is the debate not about mental health problems instead of gun control? If this government declared a war on guns, like they have a war on drugs, every house in America would end up with a Class III gun in it. Gun control will never work. Only those willing to obey the law will be effectively disarmed.

The debate needs to be about all these kids who have been on meds for years, then when they hit 18 the Meds stop because no one wants to pay for them or write them. Worse there is little evidence those childhood meds are effective on adults. Instead of helping people figure out ways to cope or modify behaviors we have too many parents who want a magic pill. There is no pharmaceutical magic. It's more a crutch or a trap and when it stops then what? Mental health issues are real and a real national data base for those who have been treated for them needs to be put in place. If in it you can not buy a gun until your case has been medically and local law enforcement have had a chance to review you right to own a gun and decide you are reasonably safe.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon

Gun control w Mental health issues are real and a real national data base for those who have been treated for them needs to be put in place. If in it you can not buy a gun until your case has been medically and local law enforcement have had a chance to review you right to own a gun and decide you are reasonably safe.

Come now mental health issues are addressed in form 4473 question 11 part f.
If you don't stop Dziadu crazy will come around and add you to the list of Fudd antigunners. You don't want that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you "quote" you might want to not alter the quote without telling others you did it. Typical dishonest thing to do. Take part of one line from one paragraph and sloppily merge with another sentence later in hopes no one notices your deceit.

This is why no one takes you seriously here Jagermeister.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's just one of the reasons.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I was trying to be nice.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.