September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Den52, Jtplumb, gasgunner, 3 invisible), 232 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,881
Posts550,416
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not understand why you're attempting to link metal health to gun violence and or its prevention. I'm sure you're aware William Jefferson Clinton singed medical privacy law allowing online billing for healthcare services possible. This regulation is far reaching and unless one has power of attorney makes accessing medical records of ones spouse or any family member over 18 years of age impossible. The suggestion of addressing mental health issues in relation to gun ownership is a smokescreen a dead end route leading to nowhere.
I agree with you regarding not worrying about Remington. Matter of fact I just picked up another Remington and had to fill out couple of forms to get it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Go craw back under the rock you came from. Your talking points are all used up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My Granddaughter had ADD (attention deficit disorder) & was on medication until she turned 18. She had no problems coming off them. Maybe she was an exception, but I truly think the exceptions are the other way around.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

We paint with a big brush in America. JAG's point about mental illness may be that If we scapegoat that problem to absolve guns in our culture, then the very sniff of a mental issue may end up resulting in gun confiscation from those who are no danger whatsoever to society.

Consider the move to brand the soldiers who leave the military for psych problems as dangerous. I can easily foresee "reasonable gun control" used to strip the elderly who may appoint a power of attorney of their second amendment rights.

There's a guy I often fly with to Canada in the Fall who brings his Labrador Retriever on the plane with him and in a seat in the cabin. The dog has a shoulder harness like a service dog and a sign on it says 'emotional support animal' or something like that.

Of course the Lab is just his retriever and the guy's dressed in camo, so you know its a dodge. I often wonder what he's going to think when Canada decides he's really a nutcase and takes his shotgun and kicks him out of the Country....Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's a lot of that going on, Geo---gerbils, hamsters and, I think in one case, a peacock. A hamster was taken away and flushed down a toilet. As for mental health and gun confiscation, Canada and US have regulations for public safety within constitutional rights and don't appear to want to change them. We accept the consequences.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....As for mental health and gun confiscation, Canada and US have regulations for public safety within constitutional rights and don't appear to want to change them. We accept the consequences.

With regard to the recent Florida school shooting? Thirty-nine police calls to the home, many for violent reported offenses isn't enough to put a background check flag on someone? Many reports while he was a minor you say? That state will prosecute as an adult at least down to the age of fourteen. How can we assume this is a mental health problem, most of these criminals don't have the courage to live. This felon is breaking new ground, and I'd bet he turns out to be competent. Maybe, we should reject incompetence rather than accept consequences, otherwise some logic will obligingly turn the blame back to the inanimate object. We shouldn't call political opportunities acceptable consequences in the hope that emotion will carry the agenda.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How is he breaking new ground? I don't know if competent or not is relevant in determining consequences. The motive of the Montreal Massacre killer nearly 30 years ago was "antifeminism and misogyny." Is that a mental health issue? The consequence was federal gun registration which took decades to remove.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
How is he breaking new ground? I don't know if competent or not is relevant in determining consequences....

...."antifeminism and misogyny."...

Only conversing here King. As I mentioned, breaking new ground to me means this knucklehead remains alive to be poked and prodded by every manor of agenda driven mental health expert. That's not relevant? I think there're signs of multiple system failures, which one big agency already admitted to. But, what could be better than blameless by competence status, to shift the blame back to the gun? I stuck in your ism-n-ist reference to wonder, did the loser's surname afford him some pc discretionary exceptions?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: KY Jon

Gun control w Mental health issues are real and a real national data base for those who have been treated for them needs to be put in place. If in it you can not buy a gun until your case has been medically and local law enforcement have had a chance to review you right to own a gun and decide you are reasonably safe.

Come now mental health issues are addressed in form 4473 question 11 part f.
If you don't stop Dziadu crazy will come around and add you to the list of Fudd antigunners. You don't want that.

I think it's a good idea to save the QUOTE that Jagermeister dishonestly altered before he comes back and edits it again to try to cover up his deceit. This isn't the first time he has tried this crap.

While we're on the subject of mental health, what can we say about a guy like Jagermeister who has a pathetic need to lie about guns he doesn't actually own, and who thinks you can consider yourself pro-2nd Amendment while supporting and voting for extreme anti-gun politicians who wish to eliminate gun rights for law abiding citizens? Of course he isn't the only nut job who shares that insane and irrational belief... right King?

But there's the additional abnormal behavior of making thousands of posts on a Double Gun forum pretending to be some kind of shotgun expert when he doesn't even own any double guns. He probably doesn't own any guns at all, having been caught in several lies about guns he said he bought. Getting caught blatantly lying on numerous occasions without any hint of remorse or personal responsibility is also a sign of mental illness... wouldn't you agree King? People like him probably shouldn't be permitted to own sharp instruments, blunt objects, drive a vehicle, or vote.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't see how poked and prodded is relevant, craig. Isn't assessment of mental health to determine sanity a condition of going to trial?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.