Originally Posted By: George L.
I have reached the age where I need to start disposing of things. Specifically my double gun and historical collection. I have tried a local auctioneer with only a little success. I contacted James Julia who sent people from Poulin's Auction. They "lowballed" everything. I am only looking for a fair estimate and pricing. I would prefer to sell to individual collectors and sportsmen and sportswomen. I am looking for advice. What I have can be seen on my website at www.mylandco.com Select "Sporting, Guns, etc." Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, George

At some point you need to really look at what you have and what is a realistic price for those guns. James Julia doesn't handle very many guns in the condition of the guns you have for sale. Not that they are junk, but being old won't sell guns, condition will.

Pictures are your best help and you need to use better pictures that show what the gun is. I am trying to be objective and not critical, but your collection has a few decent guns, but most are of moderate interest at best.

I would recommend you get help and be prepared to drop your prices and expectations of selling your collection. What suits one person, rarely suits someone else and you are looking for a bunch of individual buyers to sell those guns to, as no one would be interested in them as a lot without you taking a beating on what you want for them.

Good luck, but you really need to start over and process the descriptions and pictures to get serious buyers interested in your guns.

Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is, listening to Texans..John Steinbeck