Bushveld, I spoke with him quite a bit in the last 2 years of his life. He did a number of barrels for me and was quite interested in comparing his bluing work to that of another member here who has done barrels for me who Doug knew did extremely high quality work.

I'd get a set back from Doug, have to get out one of the sets done by the other gentleman and then give Doug a call so he could pepper me with questions.

Both were/are reluctant to share too much of their technique with me but Doug did send me many pics of my barrels in an extremely high state of polish. But that high level of polish was just one aspect of his approach.

Not that I have a very qualified eye, but they both did/do spectacular work. I could hardly tell a difference if I didn't know who had done what. However, I'm not sure the other gentleman wants his name posted here as I'm not sure he wants the work. He's likely to read this so if he wants to make himself known, he can.

Doesn't help you, sorry.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/12/18 05:27 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia