June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (Drew Hause, Hugh Lomas, Jerry G, battle, 2 invisible), 232 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,630
Posts547,169
Members14,431
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always wear a glove of some sort on my L hand. Most of my sxs have a splinter forend. Helps protect the finish. Also helps when shooting targets on a warm day. I look for golf gloves when they're on sale. They seem to work fine. I don't bother as much with my R hand unless it's cold. If it's REALLY cold, one has to be careful with DT guns to make sure the glove isn't too thick.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Originally Posted By: LGF
I have looked for thin waterproof gloves for duck hunting, and never found anything I liked. No need for much insulation in California, and I would like something thin enough for handling ammo without dropping it. Any suggestions?

https://www.sealskinzusa.com/m/gloves/ultra-grip-gloves-black-grey.htm

http://www.glacierglove.com/aleutian/

I'll second the sealskins

I got them at the beginning of last falls duck season here in the NE

Kept my hands dry and warm enough in the worst weather. I continued to use them as my winter clays gloves. No issues with dexterity or with double triggers

Since every thing good gets discontinued. I will be putting a couple more pair aside as insurance

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wear batting gloves. Inexpensive and provide a good grip. I do trim the tip off the end of the trigger finger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Discontinued, I've found that if I like a product to buy several because they are bound to be "improved" or discontinued!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

PS. For non winter wear, clays or upland hunting- I have used the Orvis deerskin gloves for decades. Although I do wish they would find a water proof dye for them

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a funny question, or maybe it's the answer that's odd.

I had to think about this for a while. I thought I used gloves for doubles. Then I thought maybe I used gloves for case-colored guns. But finally I realized that I wear gloves when handling guns with long trigger guard tangs. That pretty much covers all the better guns I have, aside from a Perazzi. It is not an conscious thing, but rather just the way it works out.

I use those Bob Allen mesh jobs when it's hot, and throw them in the washer at the end of the day. In cooler weather I wear Bob Allen leather gloves that I bought at the Grand in Vandalia.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Golf gloves. Both hands. Whatever is cheap and on sale in a three-pack. The expense is modest and the life of the gloves is of no concern. Compared to the other costs of shooting it doesn't even get on the scale. I spend more on fuel getting to and from the club than on gloves by several orders of magnitude. I prolly spend more on the sports drink that I consume there and piss away on the same day.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
DGM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have had good luck with Footjoy winter golf gloves when using double triggers in cold weather. Footjoy rain gloves work well too.

For dealing with hot SXS barrels while shooting clays, heavy briars or the occasional knife wielding bandit, HWI KLD100 Kevlar Lined Duty gloves from the police suppliers on ebay or amazon work fantastic. Unlike some Kevlar gloves, they are fully lined so your fingers and palms are protected from feeling the heat of hot barrels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Golf glove work well for me. Easy to find the left hand glove a bit harder to find right hand gloves. Have to be careful in making sure they are dye fast. I keep them for hunting season when they get dirty. Blood looks good on them then but not when they are brand new. Plus they do protect against scrapes and thorns searching for down birds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are many days when I hunt in temperatures of 70-80 degrees. To protect the barrels from sweat I wear a thin unlined leather glove on my forward hand only.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.