George
I've no idea how many Hollenbeck, TBG, and Royal Gun Co double guns were made; but do know they are very uncommon; and I believe there are more Hollenbeck marked double guns than those marked Three Barrel Gun Co. I have one example of each; and except for the makers name, these two models seem identical mechanically. I don't have an example marked Royal Gun Co; but the frame profile on those models are different, and the location of the pins on each side of the frame has been changed so there are obviously some internal differences I've yet to explore. Perhaps Frank Lefever modified the Royal double gun during his tenure? The early Hollenbeck marked catalog copy I have lists grades and prices for the Hollenbeck double gun; but the 1908 and 1909 Three Barrel Gun Co catalog copies I have make no mention of a double gun, nor does an original copy of a 1909 Royal Gun Company catalog owned by our friend Brett Farley; but the company obviously made double guns marked Royal Gun Company. I believe I recall Researcher stating that the Royal Gun Company double gun models were assigned a separate serial number block than the drillings (?); but the early Hollenbeck and TBG double gun serial numbers were sequenced right along with the drilling models. I hope to do a little more research on these models some day; but in the short run you can find 3-4 Hollenbeck double guns on the Cherry's Fine Guns website, and you'll likely look a long time before you find another example of a Hollenbeck double gun listed anywhere.