Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: Chukarman
"The next group consists of Westley Richards, Dickson, Rigby, Grant, Beesley, Powell, Atkin, Churchill, Henry, Lancaster, Evans, Watson, Wilkes, Greener, Boswell, Gibbs and Lang. "

There is a HUGE spread in perceived quality (brand value) between these makers. Many of them didn't even make the guns they sold. SO who should get credit for the guns... the retailer or the actual maker?

I would add A.A. Brown, T. White, Anderson, McKay-Brown as providers of best class guns.

Chukarman, your emphasis on "HUGE" suggests you know something that thousands of actual buyers of these guns don't.

Each of these are distinct yet key to our evaluation of a gun and more importantly to those in the market to buy or sell, what the dollar value for a particular gun might be in the marketplace. Very often, people confuse or conflate brand value with original quality.

To the first point - my point is simple... which would YOU rather have -- an Atkin spring opener SLE or Powell or Gibbs or Boswell? There is a very wide spread in brand value between the makers in the "Second Tier".

I would not argue your second point - original quality is what it is regardless of the name engraved on the gun.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.