Hello,

A member on shotgunworld.com recommended I pick the brains of you lot.

I recently picked up a so called "Belgian guild gun" over/under 12g, but after taking it apart I now realize most of the parts are from France and it's likely a french guild gun. I assume the seller was grossly misinformed.

I'm interested in learning anything I can about this recent purchase. I'm not interested in determining/justifying it's value as much as I am uncovering it's history and seeing if anyone else has a similar shotgun.

Anyone have an idea on a rough manufacture date/decade? I'm having a hard time finding specific information on anything that looks like this particular shotgun or other over/under guild guns. Most information I can find is on SxS french shotguns.

I've done as much research as I can crawling this and other forums. This is what I know:

Marked RPF on receiver for "Rivolier Pere et Fils" or "Rivolier Pere & Sons"

PT with crown on breach

CMR with (RPF) under the bottom barrel

"Portee Garantie P. Delalle"

Top and bottom barrel marked with the same St. Etienne proof and 18.4 65 (65mm) and there is a number of 5556? Also, more RPF and PT crown marks. There is also an unreadable mark that just looks like a barcode on the metal that joins the two barrels.

Any additional insight or info regarding this shotgun's history would be much appreciated!

Also, curious what i need to look for when determining if this shotgun is safe to shoot. I will be using RST 12ga., 2 1/2", Lite, Vel. 1175, 1 oz., 7 1/2 shot loads. Lockup is super tight and I don't see any signs of bulging or honing or good-ole-boy gunsmithing.