Howdy folks, I do a lot of reading here but don't often have much to contribute. I read a post here a short while back that mentioned a stock maker by the name of Hutton, and a book I had never heard of was also referenced, Custom Gunsmiths of the 20th Century by Michael Petrov. I looked up its price and availability, and while looking through a list of that book's Vol. 2 contents from one vendor I noticed the name, John L. Hutton. I have since bought Vol. 2 of the book, and a second printing of Vol. 1, and also searched this forum for more info on him. I since have learned here that Michael Petrov had passed away, and that he had authored another book, Vol. 1 of the same name and I also searched and found several other references to John L. Hutton in this forum.

I am curious if any of you, namely gasgunner, eightbore, Newton1131, WindRiver, SDH-MT, or SKB knows of anyone that may have obtained Michael's notes and is maybe continuing on with a Vol.3 of his work? Michael's Vol. 2 indicates that nothing was known about John. L. Hutton after about the mid 1940s. Well, that same John L. Hutton, and his wife Catherine, were my next door neighbors in Boulder, CO when I was growing up as a kid. I have a shortened Winchester Model 70 .220 Swift barreled action that he stocked sometime after 1942 that I can provide pics of and can fill-in at least a few more details about him that I know first hand. So, if anyone is carrying the torch with Michael's notes, so to speak, I'd be pleased to be in contact with them. Thank you!