I suggest you use cerrosafe to figure out what youve got ( I Did that with my .25-25 Stevens, it was fairly easy and inexpensive)
Agree with Marks21, out of proportion , its not 30-30 Ackley Imp, could it be 32 Special ( thought that was 30-30 necked up to 32 cal bullet)
Looking like a fun project,stick with it, I know you have grits in West Virginia.
By the way, thanks to this thread, I had a bit of a breakthroughwith my 2525 Stevens and my Hollenbeck drilling , I had the same failure to fire problem as mentioned earlier and thought my spring was messed up or my hammer not hitting hard enough, as advised,I jammed my primers as far up into the case as I could and ,lo and behold, with six test firings, four fired with the first hit with thehammer and the other two with the second hit. Im in business now, Im going to load the reduced load IMR 4227 with toilet paper and grits and have a blast !!
If I get a decent grouping Ill share it and then Ill eat some grits, I wonder if anybody looked up Roy Blount, Jr: song to gritsas I suggested, it explains a lot