May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 273 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,369
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Vikingmy, some guys who collect love the thrill of the chase. For me, my favourite part is transforming something thats been abandoned, neglected and abused. Staying above water is a little meaningless to me.

Ive managed to get to a place where its not the possession, its the process.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

What an absolute shame that a gun like that was absolutely ruined. Fixing the mechanical issue, significant stock work and new barrels is quite the momentous undertaking. Hopefully the seller appreciates your efforts and cuts you a break if you are up for the challenge. No more than $500 to $700 with all the work (cost) that is needed. Good luck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I love Lindner Dalys, so here's my take on the price - $500 with an extra $200 if I can meet the complete MORON that cut the 8 -10 inches of off the barrels. They deserve to have the said 8 - 10 inches put in a place where they can't loose them!

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is there any chance it could be used to shoot round balls?
Thought a 10 bore ball would probably recoil horribly in such a light gun.
But It sure is pretty...worth something just as a lovely piece of art....how much do fancy Tiffany paper weights go for,or a nice oil painting?
Its a tough question...
good luck
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

With regard to the criticism of shortening the barrels. Given the condition of the rest of the gun, how is it possible for any of us to know how badly, or if, they were damaged.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Assuming the trigger can be fixed, I can see this as a great turkey gun. Have Dennis Earl repair the stock, get Briley to re-face the muzzles and put in permanent full and full choke tubes, and maybe even have some nice simple open sights made to suit. Regulation of barrels critical here. Sling studs not a bad idea either.

Bought right, you wouldn't have a fortune in it and would own a very beautuful and unique gobbler-getter and short range hog gun with buckshot.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/23/18 11:40 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought a pretty high condition BH 10 gauge Parker with 17" Damascus barrels and a bad restock for a decent price. I figured I could afford to have it sleeved and a new rib would come from an old useless Parker. The stock could wait. I had the gun for a few weeks when I went on a rooting trip to the gun room. Somehow there appeared a set of Titanic Steel #3 frame ten gauge barrels with forearm that I had completely forgotten that I owned. The cut off original barrels fit almost as well as the Titanic barrels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
you are perhaps right about there being some good reason for someone to lop off the bbls,no sane bloke would do that without one ( I hope) but what a bummer !
It seems such a lovely piece, that for the right price, whatever that is, it could/should be made into a some kinda something.
Could you sleeve it with big thick rifled 12 bore bbls, to bring the weight up?
It sure was/is a beautiful gun
cheers
franc

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'll say this again....I'm only interested in figuring out a consensus price for the piece as it is currently.

If I'm able to acquire it, then there is only one path....restoration to a proper 10 bore shotgun, as Herr Lindner intended. No other path will be considered. If you want to have a discussion about the wisdom of that kind of approach, please start your own thread.

I personally think it's nuts that people spend years and many $1000's on high condition low grade American guns. They were hastily made in large factories to hit a price point. But today people spend more on those than they do finely made mid quality English guns. But I don't get involved in those discussions and I don't tell people they are nuts to do so. To each their own.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doug Mann
Anyone that knows me will tell you that I love Lindner Dalys, so here's my take on the price - $500 with an extra $200 if I can meet the complete MORON that cut the 8 -10 inches of off the barrels. They deserve to have the said 8 - 10 inches put in a place where they can't loose them!

laugh

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.